Monday, July 16, 2018

New Hampshire - Day 14 - back down the Connecticut River

Crow's Nest Campground, Newport
Saturday, 14 July 2018
today's route
For some of the way I covered familiar territory, but south of Orford I was on new ground.  And for much of the way I and other motorists had to deal with a bicycle event called The Prouty The Prouty.  Most of that road along the Connecticut River is 2 lane with very narrow shoulders, and that day we were sharing it with massive numbers of cyclists.  The road is hilly and winds around and is very pretty but - my word! - it felt crowded.

Hydrangeas are blooming now and many yards had masses of them.  Very pretty.

I stopped at a mall in Lebanon because I got lost and anyway we all needed a rest break.  I finally got a photo of a standard New Hampshire license plate.

I stopped just north of Windsor to see a covered bridge.  As you can see, it's not just any old covered bridge but one of the world's longest.



As you can see by the map, I covered a fair amount of New Hampshire, but it turned out to be only 90 miles.  Everything's closer together up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment