Monday, July 2, 2018

Vermont - Day 30

Will-O-Wood Campground
Saturday, 30 June 2018

This is a pretty good campground – lots of trees, lots of space between campsites, lots of places to walk the dogs.  Unfortunately, also lots of dogs that either bark at mine or incite mine to bark at them.  And lots of kids who love bouncing basketballs, making Gracie extremely nervous.  But still very comfortable.

I guess because we’re so far north, there are quite a few mostly young people from Québec here who don’t speak much English.  I understand Vermont is one of the many US states that has Canada as its #2 trading partner (after China), and apparently tourism is one of the things they trade.  I’ve seen many of them in Vermont campgrounds, and this one is no exception.

The one thing they don’t have here is Verizon access for my phone.  The guy in the office told me it used to be only Verizon, no AT&T, now it’s the other way around.  I’ve run into that before.  He was really nice about it and told me he was tired of answering the campground’s phone so I could borrow theirs if I wanted.  So I found a phone number of a miscellaneous campground in New Hampshire and called and got a reservation from July 1-5 (knowing I’m unlikely to be able to find many vacancies over that time period) and took it without even knowing where it is.   Internet access is another thing that's spotty here.



No comments:

Post a Comment