Tuesday, July 3, 2018

New Hampshire - Day 3 - We're havin' a heat wave/A tropical heat wave ...

Riverbend Campground
Tuesday, 3 July 2018

I did move today - to a different space in the same campground, about 100' from where I was.  The manager asked because of a scheduling conflict; it sure didn't matter to me and it would matter to some other people so no problem.

I've taken the dogs out for several short walks.  That's it.

The weather service says the heat index is 102° in the good ol' New Hampshire shade.  Which I'm not completely in.

I started the air conditioning this morning at 10:30 and after a while got the interior temp down from the upper 80s into the upper 70s.  Everybody was seriously warm except Roscoe.  I have proof.
I kept this one because Gracie isn't completely headless. 
Note Roscoe lying on the table is what was for several hours a very sunny spot.  Note Jasper lying right in front of the little fan.

Apparently, under the table where Gracie's bed is was way too warm last night because she spent almost the whole night right where you see her here.

The forecast is for rain Thursday, the clouds bringing the temp down to the 80s, they say.  Always something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment