Monday, July 2, 2018

New Hampshire - Day 2

Riverbend Campground
Monday, 2 July 2018

I'm not going anywhere - maybe not for several days.  The weather service says the heat index at Moultonborough (just down the road a piece) got up to 98° this afternoon and there's a heat advisory in effect.  So I clicked the little icon to explain heat advisory and learned that I should stay in the air conditioning if at all possible and do as little as possible.  Considering most of the critters looked extremely uncomfortable and were camped in front of my little tiny plug-in fan, I decided that was good advice.

I'd bought a pot roast in Meredith on the way to the campground yesterday and cooked it today in my crock pot.  Turns out I could have left most of the very few pots and pans I brought at home but the crock pot is absolutely worth the storage nuisance.

I think the reason I've had a nagging headache the last few days is the heat.  And I guess there's something that's stirring up my asthma because I've been coughing a lot, which of course results in my head rattling = headache.  I hope I just need to acclimate.  Altoids help.  Alcohol helps too, but I can't apply that remedy very often.  Sleep helps, and last night's air conditioning helped the sleep.

People here tell me this weather is absolutely NOT typical for New Hampshire, which isn't much consolation now but may mean it'll pass in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment