Monday, July 16, 2018

New Hampshire - Day 16

Crow's Nest Campground
Monday, 16 July 2018

This was a figure-out-where-I'm-going-next day.  I spent most of the morning working out what I'll be able to see in the 2nd half of July and where I can stay to see it all and then made campground reservations.

We've been having some pretty warm weather lately, and today it's supposed to get up into the 90s, which I know is peanuts for Texas folks but warmer than normal here.  I put the dogs outside in the morning and left the windows open, but after their 3rd walk, I saw Gracie panting and decided it was AC time. 

Poor Gracie still has her full coat.  Back home I'd have given her a hair cut a month ago but didn't want to attempt that here.  And I wasn't sure whether I should have her hair cut at all, not knowing what to expect for New England summers.

And next month we go to Maine, which is quite a bit farther north than New Hampshire, so it still might get cool in the evenings.  The weather report today said it was in the 40s overnight at Saranac, NY, so you never know.  Next summer we'll be in the mid-west and I'll probably get her cut then but I guess not this year.

Now that the weekend's past, the campground has a lot fewer people, and a lot fewer dogs, which makes it easier for all of us.  It still has chipmunks though, and Dexter almost took my door off yesterday trying to chase after one while he was attached to the RV.  Very excitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment