Thursday, July 12, 2018

New Hampshire - Day 11

Newfound RV Park
Wednesday, 11 July 2018

We were lucky to have great weather today.  It finally cooled off overnight so I could turn off even the fan and just open the windows and skylights for fresh air.  That lasted till mid-afternoon, and even then it wasn't as oppressive as it's been.  I know the heat level is nothing compared to points south - say Texas - but it's hotter than normal for here, and of course it's all what you get used to, isn't it?
deer fly (not my photo, obviously)

That all meant the critters could be comfortable too, and the dogs and I went out for several walks while it was still pleasant.  This RV park has a "nature trail," which means a path through a wooded area, and we've enjoyed it except for the pests.  The 2 morning walks we were swarmed by gnats and mosquitoes, and the early afternoon walk we were swarmed by deer flies.  They bite.  They're bigger than house flies and they really do swarm.  After a bit of that, it's a little scary almost.

I spent all day trying to figure out where there were campgrounds I could afford and where there were things I wanted to see that I haven't gotten to yet.  I've only got a little more than 2 weeks left in NH and thought it was time I got a little more organized.

One of the RVs here at the park had an addition I haven't seen before.
Cute, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment