Thursday, January 31, 2019

Delaware - Day 30

Trap Pond State Park
Wednesday, 30 January 2019

Today has been a day of weather and blog.  I spent the day indoors and tried to catch up on my posts.

The forecast had been for snow overnight, so the only time I opened the door today was early this morning before daylight to see if it had.  It hadn't.  No snow.  Maybe later today, they say, but I doubt it.  At least, not so far.

But I can tell it's really cold outside because of my across-the-road neighbor.  He's retired Navy and wears shorts in all weathers.  I asked him if his last posting was to Antartica, and he said no, he's just always been too warm for long pants, even when he was a kid.  But today, he's not only wearing long pants and a jacket, but also heavy gloves.  I don't need to go outside to know it must be pretty cool.

The wind's been blowing hard enough to move the RV around.  And it's been thrumming.  I don't know where the sound's actually coming from, but it's the wind that's doing it.  Weird sound.

The heater's been running about half the day just to keep the inside temp up to 65°, another sign that it's chilly outside.

The forecast is for 10° tonight and 20° tomorrow with a wind chill down to the single digits, then back down to 15° overnight.  Something to look forward to for my last day in Delaware.  And I have to drive to the day care to pick up the dogs in that.  Hope the roads don't freeze and it's just the air that's unpleasant.

I couldn't decide which of these photos I liked the best so decided to post both.

I took them about 4:30.  Official sunset time is 5:23, but by then it's already dark.  You can see the sun's pretty low already.

No comments:

Post a Comment