Friday, January 18, 2019

Delaware - Day 16

Trap Pond State Park
Wednesday, 16 January 2019

Not having the dogs here was a vacation for me.  I didn't get dressed until about 11:00 when I would normally be thinking of taking the dogs for their 3rd walk of the day.  I finally stirred myself just before 3:00 so I could go pick them up from their day care/boarding place.

I couldn't tell whether Lily enjoyed their absence or not while it was going on, but when the dogs got back she started hissing and clawing at them again, just like she did when she first moved in.  Only worse because this time she not only sat on the very very end of the bench to claw them, but she also reached out as far as she could to get to them.  This is a very small space and what she was doing was not reasonable for coexistence, but pretty good if she was trying to drive them out - not an option, of course.

The dogs were glad to be home (jumping up and down when they saw me) but must have had a good time because they've slept most of the time they've been back.  So it looks like a successful idea and I'll do it again later in the month.

On our last walk of the night I talked to the only other camper in the park that wasn't a campground host (I was wrong before - there are actually 3 host couples here).  He had a new type of RV that I hadn't seen before - a Class C that looked like a small Class A.  He said his wife was inside and that they were staying only one night because she had medical appointments the next day.  He said she's fighting cancer and has recently discovered trouble with yet another part of her body.  He looked in his 40s, so his wife is likely to be about that age too, and it must be extra hard on them for her to be so sick at such a young age.

All different kinds of people are living on the road.  Who'd have thought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment