Friday, January 25, 2019

Delaware - Day 24

Trap Pond State Park
Thursday, 24 January 2019

Just as the forecasts said, it started raining during the night and didn't really let up until about 3:00 this afternoon.  At times it was coming down in sheets, with very strong wind gusts making it seem even worse.  I can't tell you how very glad I was not to have to be walking the dogs in that, and drying us all off afterwards, and hanging up towels to dry after the afterwards.

Instead, I noted first that my water system was working again, having apparently thawed whatever the obstruction was during the night.  So - Yea! - I have running water again.

Then I washed the dishes, and there were quite a few that had accumulated during that no-water period.  Even though I use paper plates like I invented them, I still had almost every piece of silverware I'd brought with me and several storage dishes that were starting to smell unpleasant.  Good thing the water started; otherwise I'd have thought about laying them all out on the ground in the rain.

Then I did some handwash to slow down the need to patronize a laundromat.  With me not having to hang up wet towels from drying the dogs, I had plenty of room and clothespins to hang everything up.

I watched a couple of old NCIS episodes and read part of a Dick Francis book and read the latest on the government shutdown and felt sick at the folly of it all and poured a drink and read some more of my book and went to bed.  Very uneventful and very relaxing.  The dogs really are high energy roommates.


No comments:

Post a Comment