Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Rhode Island - Day 19


Crowne Plaza Hotel parking lot, Warwick
Friday, 19 October 2018

No route map today because nothing different about the route.  Just straight up Rt. 108 (aka Boston Neck Road) to Rt. 1 (aka Post Road) to Rt. 5 (aka Greenwich Ave.).

The nice surprise was the deer that crossed Rt. 108 right in front of us.  Just ambled across and didn’t seem to notice us at first.  Fortunately there wasn’t any other traffic and I could stop and enjoy the scene.

The big event was laundry.  I went back to the laundromat I’d used before and had nice conversations with several people there.  One mother and adult son were really interested in the RV because the parents were thinking of buying the exact thing.  Apparently she hadn’t seen the inside so I gave them a tour and made suggestions on options to consider.

With clean clothes, and with the dogs having stretched their legs, we went back to the hotel parking lot.  This time they gave me permission as long as I parked way back in the far corner (which was fine with me as that’s the place with the least overhead light).  When I walked the dogs at bedtime, I found out why – there were 6 big buses in the parking lot, and I’m sure the desk wanted to leave room for them to maneuver.

No comments:

Post a Comment