Monday, October 29, 2018

Rhode Island - Day 27 - stormy weather


Fishermen’s Memorial State Campground
Saturday, 27 October 2018

Yep.  Weather as bad as advertised.

I took the dogs out only 4 times all day, and those were just extremely short walks for bathroom purposes only.

The storm was incredible.  Sheets of rain.  Blowing rain.  For hours.  Wind so strong the RV didn’t just shake – it rocked.  It really did.  Over and over again.

I was glad we’d changed campsites because the new one has high walls of shrubs on both sides, and I’m sure those protected us against a lot of the weather.

I played catch-up on my blog, as you could probably tell by the date of my posts, and we tried to stay warm and dry, and that’s all we did today.

Well, now I have an idea of what a nor-easter is like.  If in my imagination I substitute snow for the rain we got, I can see why this is something people talk about.   It was a real, gen-u-ine storm.

And by 7:00 it had stopped.  It came, and it dumped, and it left.  Our last walk was through puddles but not through rain.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment