Friday, August 17, 2018

Maine - Day 17

Paul Bunyan Campground
Friday, 17 August 2018

Rather than go out and try to find the things I missed, I decided to take a day off for regrouping.

First that started with doing laundry, which I'd planned to do anyway but ended up needing urgently to do because Roscoe got on my bed without me noticing and threw up - which is why I'd banished him from my bed months ago.  So not only did I need clean clothes, I needed clean sheets and covers too.  Crummy cat.

I pushed myself to go over very early, because they only have 2 washers and 1 dryer (the other's out of order) and I didn't want to spend time hanging around waiting for somebody else to get done.  So I was there before 6:00 and met the woman who comes in to clean the bathrooms.

She told me she'd heard there'd been a big disturbance here last night - a big fight and somebody broke the back of the toilet in the women's room, which I'd already noticed (the toilet seat, that is) and wondered what was up.  I told her I went to bed at 7:30 and turned on the AC because there was enough noise to keep both me and Gracie from sleeping and I wanted to drown it out.  Apparently that was a good thing because I, at least, missed it all.  But can you imagine a big fight in a campground?  As the cleaning woman said, what a shame for the people in tents who can't turn on the AC to drown out anything.

So anyway I had clean clothes and clean sheets by 8:30 and that seemed like plenty to me for one day.  Actually, I needed to make arrangements for tomorrow - where to stay and what to see.  I'm in the 2nd half of my month here and there's still a lot of Maine to see.  The coastline alone could take a month - almost 3,500 miles of it - and I'm only part way along.

No comments:

Post a Comment