Monday, August 6, 2018

Maine - Day 4


Greenland Cove Campground
Saturday, 4 August 2018

It started raining during the night, and then it started pouring about 4:30, but it had completely slacked off by a little after 5:00 when I took the dogs out. Of course, it immediately started raining again so we only had a short walk.

Figuring most people don’t get up early on Saturdays, even to walk their dogs, I took mine back out again about 7:00 when it had stopped raining and we got a longer walk in before the rain started again.

My plan had been to stay here an extra night to get some things done – laundry and so forth – but that’s getting changed. Well, I’m still staying here with no plans to go out sightseeing, partly because I don’t want to go back onto those terrible roads until I have to and partly because I want to use my crock pot.

I bought some pork ribs a couple of days ago – in Texas they’re called “country style” and up here they’re called “southern style” - I guess it’s all in your sense of perspective. I have a good easy 3-ingredient recipe for cooking them in the crock pot, but my electrical outlets don’t work when I’m driving. I either have to be plugged in to a power source or have the generator on.

I still want to do laundry but the rain keeps starting up and pouring for a while and then stopping, and I don’t want to get caught away from home with a bunch of clean laundry and a downpour to walk through. Maybe I’ll just wait for the next campground.

Unfortunately this campground has a wi-fi signal that’s so weak and so slow that it basically doesn’t exist, and my little hot spot isn’t picking up a signal, so I’m stuck without internet. No TV signal either, so no news or weather. I’ve got a phone signal, but it’s a flip phone so all I can do is make phone calls. Oh well. I need some rest. I’d just hoped to make some plans for where to go and what to see in the next week or so. Again, maybe the next campground.

You know what they say about the best laid plans . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment