Thursday, June 28, 2018

Vermont - Day 27

Maple Grove Campground (again)
Wednesday, 27 June 2018

today's route
The drive to Burlington (along my old friend Rt. 7) was pleasant but time-consuming, as usual.  It took me through Burlington, which was nice, and I could see something of Vermont's largest city (population 42,000+ in 2015).  It looked very pleasant and sits right on Lake Champlain.

The clinic was part of a medical complex and was right next to a cemetery, oddly.  I took the dogs for a walk over there and found a headstone that I had trouble believing.  It was for a husband and wife and the inscription read, "Here lies the loving parents of nine/They would have had more but they didn't have time."  And it wasn't something from 150 years ago but instead was recent.  The husband died in 1996 at the age of 53 and the wife lived 10 years longer.  The kids were probably right - they had a fair number of children in those few years of living.

I had to wait a couple hours in the clinic but did get my prescription.  Now all I have to do is find a pharmacy located somewhere I won't mind waiting however long it takes them to fill it.  But then I just wanted to get out of town to avoid rush hour traffic and drive the extra hour I knew it'd take to get back to this campground.

I stayed here for several days a couple of weeks ago and like it very much, and it's relatively inexpensive and therefore hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment