Saturday, June 2, 2018

New York - Day 30

Interlake RV Park
Wednesday, 30 May 2018

This is a nice RV park and is apparently built on the side of a very steep hill because there's nothing but steep roads here.  That's okay because it helps work off some of the dogs' energy going up and down them.  Major chipmunk population = major distraction for Dexter.  There are also 4 families of Canada Geese in the little pond below my campsite.  One of the pairs is raising its brood apart from the others, but the other 3 pairs are pooling their resources and their broods.  One pair will stay on the bank keeping lookout while the other 2 pairs take the goslings into the pond to safety.

I learned from the park office that I'm going to be right next to a large group of mostly single women.  The campsites on either side of mine were already occupied by 2 of them, but most will be in the area just beyond.  I hope they don't get rowdy.  Their group is called Sisters on the Fly, and they've got their own website.

I spent the day working hard, trying to clean up the messes the pets have been making in the cabin.  We've had a beautiful day, hot and sunny, which is a good thing as I wanted to air out the dog beds.  I also did laundry and took a shower.  I just wish I could find a place that would wash my poor little RV - it's getting coated with bugs and pine sap, which I'm learning is very hard to get off windshields.

No comments:

Post a Comment