Thursday, June 28, 2018

Vermont - Day 20

Iroquois Land Family Camping, near Rutland
Wednesday, 20 June 2018


today's route
Last night's campground was between charming little Woodstock and the VT/NH border.  This morning, I went back to the bake shop at King Arthur Flour Co. and bought some more croissants and ciabatta rolls for taking west. 

Tonight's campground is just a few miles south of Rutland and is basically an open field.  No trees or bushes anywhere near the campsites.  Just open land and hookup facilities.  Actually, the land isn't exactly open because most of the field is tall grass - about 3½' tall - and it's not something I want to shove my way through when I'm walking the dogs.  Where the campsites are is frequently mowed and the grass is all flattened.  Odd little place but not particularly expensive.

I came here because Dexter needs his booster shot for the Lyme disease vaccine that he got last month and I found a vet in Rutland that seemed respectable and would work us in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment