Friday, June 8, 2018

Vermont - Day 4

Pine Hollow Campground, Pownal
Monday, 4 June 2018
today's route
I was still feeling pretty punk today and wouldn't have left my other campground if I hadn't already made a reservation here.  Plus, the weather turned to intermittent rain and cold wind, not making me feel any better.

Because I had to pass through Bennington to get here, I'd intended to do some sightseeing and shopping on the way.  But as usual it took me a while to find the CVS, where I needed to pick up some medicine, and then the dogs wanted to be walked and Jasper insisted it was lunchtime, and after all that all I wanted to do was get into a camping site and stay there.

This is a nice little campground, heavily wooded with a little pond in the center.  I saw a kingfisher checking out the pond so apparently there're some fish in there.  I also saw a Hairy Woodpecker - actually, Dexter saw him before I did.  Fortunately, not too many chipmunks around here - easier to cope with the kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment