Sunday, October 18, 2020

Kansas - Days 13 & 14 - in the campground

Salina KOA, Salina
Tuesday, 13 and Wednesday, 14 October 2020

This campground is comfortable and apparently well-run, which makes it nice since I paid in advance for the 3 nights I'll be staying here. 

My campsite was right next to the area set aside for people using tents, and at other campgrounds these areas haven't been used much.  My first 2 nights, 2 or 3 campers stayed there, but their sites were the farthest away from mine.  But on my last night one person pitched a tent right next to my RV, and a group of several women were in the site next to him.  Both batches lit campfires and the smoke blew directly in our direction.  The dogs sneezed a lot and I had some breathing problems.  At least the other campers were reasonably quiet.

This is a big campground but is laid out in such a way that I could find somewhere to walk my dogs, even when others were out with theirs.  

It was odd to watch the campground empty out almost completely each day, and then fill up each evening.  Even though it's mid-October, there're still a lot of people camping.  It wasn't like this when I spent Octobers in Rhode Island and in Kentucky.

I got 7 posts done, which helped a lot in catching up my backlog.  The dogs got frequent walks, so they were happy too.

It was mainly a chance to catch my breath after some fairly non-stop traveling.


No comments:

Post a Comment