Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Kansas - Day 6 - in the Goodland campground

Goodland KOA, Goodland
Tuesday, 6 October 2020
 

I was finally able to finish my posts about Colorado - it's hard to feel like I've really moved on to another state when I'm still writing about my experiences in the previous state - so I'm glad to have that done.

This campground quite clearly caters to people traveling through on I 70, because it emptied out almost completely each day, with most folks leaving very early.  It's a strategic location, because the next stop to the west is Denver and to the east is Salina - with not a whole lot of campground options in between.

It's a small place in comparison to most campgrounds, with only 55 RV spots, a dozen tent spots and 4 Kabins.  That made it a little hard for us to find places to walk, but it helped that there was so little competition during the day.

Goodland is on Mountain time, but I never bothered to switch the clocks around.  I knew we'd be there only the 2 nights and weren't going anywhere while we were there, so there didn't seem to be any point.  The sun rises and sets without reference to time zones anyway.

The daytime temp was around 90°, while the nighttime temp was mid-40s.  Quite a swing.

I saw a Chateau that looked exactly like mine, only with different graphics.  From the looks of it, it was a newer model than mine and I wished I could talk to them about it.  But I saw it when I was out with the dogs, and since I don't carry a mask with me on these walks, I didn't much want to go knock on their door.  This virus is having some odd side effects.  


No comments:

Post a Comment