Sunday, February 23, 2020

Louisiana - Day 18

South Toledo Bend State Park
Tuesday, 18 February 2020

I understand Bald Eagles nest in this area though wasn't lucky enough to see one while I was here.

I know there was at least one Pileated Woodpecker and a bunch of dee-dees (abbreviated calls from the local chickadees).

The campground was cheap, giving me the site for $10 at the senior half-price rate.  And the showers were good and the laundry was cheap: $1/machine.  The machines worked well and I'm really glad I didn't find that laundromat in Leesville.  And even with all those chores I still managed to finish one more blog entry, though I'm still nearly a week behind.

My only problem was not being able to find a level campsite, but with the other advantages I was willing to tough it out.

It's not the state park's fault that it rained a lot while we were there, but it made walking the dogs a lot less pleasant.

I'd have been happy to stay longer but the month was almost 2/3 gone and I still had a lot of state left to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment