Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Kentucky - Day 29

Jenny Wiley State Resort Park
Tuesday, 29 October 2019


I got lucky and was able to pick up a wifi signal in this campground.  So I spent much of the day today working on my blog, trying to catch up while I could.  The last time I had a signal I spent time working out driving routes for all travel until my first campground in Tennessee, in case subsequent campgrounds didn’t have internet connections.  So with logistics out of the way, I could focus on the blog today.

I decided to do as much as I could here and publish placeholder entries for the rest of the month so they’d appear in the blog’s list of October posts – just in case my next/last campground in Kentucky doesn’t have a signal.

I took time out during the day to do laundry and take a shower, because here I was close to the facilities whereas it’d be a bit of a hike at the next campground.  No point in carrying laundry any farther than I have to.

The dogs and I walked all over the parts of the campground that were open. It has 3 arms of campsites, and one arm had been closed off for their Halloween festivities and haunted house.  They had their big shindig this past weekend but were planning on redoing it this coming weekend, even though it would be November.  Probably figured kids’d be glad to get back in their costumes again.  They still had stuff up in the closed arm, so I figured the dogs and I should stay out of it.

I talked for a while to a nice couple from Nacogdoches, TX, about their travels and about how their son barely missed being a victim on 9/11 (he had a meeting in one of the Twin Towers that day but didn’t make it because the tragedy had already happened before he got there).

There are only maybe 8 or 9 campers that actually have people staying in them, as far as I can tell.  The others seem to be parked here during the week while their owners are back in their homes nearby until the weekend. Once again, easier to walk the dogs with less competition.

We were lucky with beautiful weather after heavy fog lifted around 10:30 or so this morning.  And this place is overrun with Ladybugs.  I’ve never thought of them as infesting a place, but I’m starting to think of them that way now.  There are so many of them, and they can – and do – climb through very tiny openings in my screens and door.  I’m having to put them outside so often it’s starting to be a nuisance.  Who knew?

Pleasant day and I got a lot done for a change.


No comments:

Post a Comment