Thursday, January 30, 2020

Mississippi - Days 26 & 27

Magnolia RV Park
Sunday, 26 and Monday, 27 January 2020

I spent both days in the campground.  As I've noted before, it takes a remarkable amount of time to find a campground that's decent both in price and in location, and I still wanted to make arrangements for the rest of the month.  Plus, we had a lot more rain on Sunday.

This campground isn't very big - 52 spaces, I think - and it was one of the very few near Vicksburg.  Maybe everybody who comes here and wants to camp just goes over the river to Louisiana.  I don't know why Mississippians haven't capitalized more on their abundance of flat land and decent climate to install more campgrounds.  I think West Virginia has as many campgrounds as Mississippi, and WV has neither flat land nor a clement climate.

This campground has no ambiance about it, though I think the owners hoped there'd be.  But the spaces are very close together - nearly touching if they both have slides out - and some spaces don't even have room for a picnic table - mine being one of those.  That's okay - it was too wet to use it if I'd had it.

Our campsite was farther into the park than I usually am comfortable with, but there weren't all that many dogs here and we managed to avoid them on our walks.  There's a decent fenced-in dog park here, but it was too soggy for us to use it much except for the first day and the last.

I did a fair amount of work trying to catch up my blog and, that with walking the dogs was about all I did for this time.  It was peaceful, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment