Saturday, March 30, 2019

Virginia - Day 25

Charlottesville KOA
Monday, 25 March 2019

I spent this day catching up on my blog (writing about my visits to the Civil War Museum and to Madison's home took a lot of time and energy, for some reason), and walking the dogs.

Apparently to compensate for its lack of size, this campground has not only a doggie play pen but also what they call a nature walk.  This actually consists of a trek uphill and downhill and uphill and downhill (keep repeating) on a barely discernable track through the surrounding woods.  The dogs loved it.  I kept telling myself the exercise was good for all of us.  And it is nice to tromp around in dead leaves.  They're Gracie's favorite thing - I don't think there's anything she likes as much as rolling around in a pile of dead leaves.

The sun wasn't out much and it was pretty chilly most of the day, but it was still pleasant.

As in most campgrounds, this one had a lot of people leaving today.  Wednesdays have the fewest number of campers at any time of year, with Tuesday and Monday next in order.  As a full-timer, I look forward to the first few days of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment