Saturday, March 30, 2019

Virginia - Day 24

Charlottesville KOA
Sunday, 24 March 20
today's route
I took an interesting drive along the back roads, again avoiding the interstate as much as I could.  I was changing campgrounds and doing a little shopping on the way.

I passed the former site of Boswell's Tavern where a number of historical figures once hung out.  (You didn't know they hung out, did you?  Actually, history describes it as a "frequent meeting place for notable figures [of the day]."  I like my way better.)

Yesterday afternoon I cleaned the RV's windows for the first time in ages.  Actually, I was forced into cleaning them because there were so many doggy nose prints on the side windows I had trouble seeing out of them.  Today I was stunned at what a little clarity can do.

It was a beautiful day - got up to the mid-60s - and I put the dogs outside the RV on long leashes for a while after we got to the new place.

This is a very small campground by KOA standards.  There're only 55 RV spaces and a dozen or so tent spaces.  And in the late afternoon I discovered that the entire campground owns one or more dogs - they all seemed to walk them at the same time.  I'll just have to dodge them.

No comments:

Post a Comment