Friday, July 26, 2019

Michigan - Days 17 & 18

Camp Dearborn
Wednesday, 17 and Thursday, 18 July 2019

I spent these two days here in the campground, trying to figure out where I'm going next and how I'm going to get there and where I'm going to stay once I'm there.  And I also spent some time updating my blog (which you'd never know since I'm still so far behind on these posts).  Thank goodness I take notes or I'd never be able to post a thing.

The dogs and I have developed a schedule for when we're in a campground.  If we get in 2 long walks before 6:00 AM, then they're good until midmorning.  I can take them out between 9 and 10 because no one else seems to have their dogs out then.  Then I've found almost all dogs are not visible around 3:00 PM so we take a quick one then.  And finally, for the before-bedtime walk - I've found if we go out right at 6:15 we miss everybody, including almost all little kids.  I guess all the other campers are eating supper then - they're not visible, at any rate.  These times have held true at any number of campgrounds across quite a few states, so now I stick to them like a train schedule.  It saves tremendous hassle and headaches.

I thought since this campground seemed to be so well-run and well-maintained that the shower facilities would also be good.  I thought wrong.  The facilities themselves are marginal, but the water is so full of iron that, in the small shower enclosure, I could barely breathe when the water was running - the smell of iron was incredibly strong.  Not something I expected.

We've stayed here so long this campground almost feels like home and, in a way, I'll hate to leave.  But there's still most of the state to see and the month's really ticking by in a hurry.


No comments:

Post a Comment