Sunday, June 2, 2019

Ohio - Days 30 & 31

Stonelick State Park
Thursday, 30 and Friday, 31 May 2019

Thursday
This campground is fairly small, though the campsites are all well-separated from each other, which is nice.  Right now there aren't all that many people here and it's easy enough to walk the dogs, though we do most of it before the sun comes up.  I know from online reservations that the campground will be nearly full tomorrow night, so I'm enjoying what we have today.

It appears we're back in deer fly season, and they bother us - especially Dexter - every daytime walk we have.  With Gracie and me they're just being very annoying, but they seem to be biting Dext, and I remember from last year that their bites hurt.

Today it's been chilly all day - the temp is lower than yesterday and I guess the dampness makes it feel chillier than the air temp.  I spent most of the day trying to catch up on my blog.  For some reason, my hotspot is working more slowly than usual, especially when I'm trying to transfer photos I've put on my computer to my blog.  Really slows down progress.

By afternoon, people started to come in to the empty campsites.  Anna reminded me the other day that it's now summer and the campground population will be higher than it has been on a regular basis.  I got spoiled over the winter, I guess.

Friday
Interesting news report about the 8 kids that tied for the title of the National Spelling Bee - the Octo Champs, they're calling themselves.  Amazing accomplishment.

The talk of the local news program is the annual Bunbury Music Festival that's being held this weekend in Cincinnati.  It lasts for 3 days and everybody seems to be excited about it.

After our early morning walks today I found myself once again without any energy.  Yesterday I had only a very little spinach, so today I sauteed a bunch of it and cooked an egg in it for breakfast.  That really helped.  I'm beginning to feel like Popeye ("I'm strong to the finish 'cause I eats me spinach.").

I worked some more on the blog and planned our driving route for tomorrow and took a shower and washed a load of laundry and turned my new mattress over and tried to pull together the papers for Ohio for storage and get out the papers for Indiana.  (All that's why I needed my spinach.)

The photo download slowdown was even worse today than yesterday.  It took me about 25 minutes to move 3 photos from my computer photo file to my blog - and I can't just move to another screen while that's happening out of fear that I'd just be creating a bigger delay.  Quel nuisance.

By our bedtime walk tonight, the campground was packed and there were lots more dogs than had been here before.  Add to that mix a whole batch of kids running around and screaming and playing basketball and generally making noises and Gracie was terrified.  So I had her pulling in any old direction out of panic and Dexter trying desperately to go check out any of the dozen dogs in eyesight, and it was all I could do to get them back to the RV.  I'm not sure they even took time out to pee, which was the point of the walk.  What a madhouse.  Really really glad we're not staying here over the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment