Friday, June 14, 2019

Indiana - Day 9

France Park
Sunday, 9 June 2019

Rain was forecast for today, and rain we got.  It started at 5:00 AM and came down steadily until 1:00 PM, then came back intermittently during the afternoon, finally settling back down to a steady rain beginning at 5:00 PM and going on through the evening.  Plenty of puddles.  And it was warm enough that I didn't want to turn on the heater, making it hard to dry the dogs' towels in between walks.

But the advantage for me was that the campground cleared out much earlier than it might have done with sunshine - most people were gone by 10:30.  By mid-afternoon there was almost no one left at all, and I could walk the dogs all over the park without meeting any other dogs.  Much easier on me.

I spent the day trying to catch up on my blog but was seriously hampered because it took for-ev-er to download my photos from my computer's memory into the blog.  Made each entry much more difficult.

This is a really pleasant little park - plenty of room between the campsites, lots of trees and natural areas, plenty of wild critters (according to my dogs - I didn't see any).  And they only charge $25/night.  No wonder it's a popular place.  Now that it's empty of almost everyone but seasonals, I'm sorry I have to leave tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment