Friday, June 21, 2019

Indiana - Day 16

Crawfordsville KOA
Sunday, 16 June 2019

I hadn't planned to stay here tonight, but since I couldn't take a rest yesterday I paid for another day.

It rained a good part of the day, which didn't matter much because I wasn't going anywhere.

And I always look forward to Sundays because campgrounds start to clear out then.  This one was no exception.  Of course a few folks came in, too, but by the end of the day there was a dramatic difference in how crowded it was.

This is a nice campground - lots of trees, most campsites have level gravel pads, big grassy area for those who have dogs they can let off the leash (too bad about mine).  The manager or owner (or probably both) was really accommodating when I got here the other day and worked to help me find a good spot for my situation.  I've taken to asking for a site close to the campground entrance, because that's usually where there's extra space for tank dumping and trash dumping and the office and various common-use things.  Which means I've got somewhere I can walk the dogs without having to pass by all the other dogs in the campground first.  This very pleasant youngish woman was really helpful.

I did chores and worked on my blog and took the dogs out now and then - easier as the day went on and the campground emptied out.  I just need down days like this every few days to keep from feeling like I'm overwhelmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment