Sunday, June 9, 2019

Indiana - Day 5

Middlebury KOA
Wednesday, 5 June 2019

I'm glad to see the middle of the week come around because all campgrounds are emptier than on other days.  There are still quite a few campers here, but not nearly as many as this past weekend.  Much easier to walk the dogs.

I'd originally planned to leave this campground today, but yesterday I extended my stay here an extra night to give myself more time to plan.  I've ended up with a list of things to see in the Indianapolis area, the Gary and Terre Haute and Peru areas, and in the southeast and southwest areas near the Ohio River.  Sounds like a lot and it may be more than I can get to, but it's much more organized than the original list and narrowed down to 22 places.  Much easier for me to see where I want to go.

One of the places I've been wanting to visit is the Indiana Dunes - there's a state park and a national park there.  The dunes are along the Lake Michigan shore and I hear they're moving.  I think their movement is due to winds off the lake, but I understand they're gradually burying a forest.

I discovered that there aren't many campgrounds near there, and that they're nearly full even on week days, so I made a schedule that started with when I could get a reservation there for 2 nights together.  That'll be next Tuesday and Wednesday.  So between tomorrow and then I've got a reservation at a county campground near Logansport, which isn't far from several places I want to see.

I'm trying to get an appointment with a doctor in the Indianapolis area to get more blood pressure medicine, so I'll plan the rest of my time around whenever I can get the appointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment