Monday, May 27, 2019

Ohio - Day 23

Rocky Fork State Park
Thursday, 23 May 2019 

I decided to stay in the campground today and rest a bit to try to restore my energy level.  That decision was reinforced by the forecast for rain which, in fact, we got a lot of.

A good part of the day the rain was heavy and I wished people would look at the forecast and decide to stay home for the Memorial Day weekend.  No such luck.

My campsite is right by the entrance to the camping area so I have a front row seat to watch the folks just pouring in.  Really.  By mid-afternoon it was like a parade - one after another after another.  And today's just the Thursday before the 3-day weekend.  I could see the campground around me filling up, but there are still a fair number of vacant campsites, which I know are supposed to be completely filled over the weekend.

Also by mid-afternoon the rain stopped and the sun got quite warm.  I didn't know Ohio could be so humid.  I had to turn on the air conditioner because the humidity made things so uncomfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment