Friday, July 21, 2023

North Carolina - Day 20 - in Asheville campground

Asheville West KOA, Asheville
Friday, 21 July 2023

Last night I got very little sleep - maybe only 2 or 3 hours - partly because my back was still painful from the fall, making it hard to find a comfortable sleeping position.  But partly it was because I woke up at 12:30 to a not very good smell.  Thought maybe it was just Dext, because he farts a lot and sometimes they're pretty pungent.  (But he's such a sweetie that they're a small price to pay.)

Finally at 1:15 I got up and found that Bucky had pooped in the crate.  So that meant time spent to clean it up, and the mess extended to the towel I wrap around the crate during the night which meant I needed to do laundry.  It was just all extra effort that I had to do on not enough sleep.

With all this going on, I decided to stay here another night.  Dext and I had walked past the site we'd be assigned tonight and it looked okay, which was the main thing for me, but also I wanted to limit how much effort I'd have to expend beyond the clean-up stuff.

Because I had to go down to the lower level of the campground to get to the office to check in again for the site change, I decided to do laundry there.  While the laundry got clean, Dext and I walked around the lower camping level, which was much nicer than the upper level and had clearly been the first area developed for the campground.  If I were ever to come back, I'd definitely want to be in a spot down here.  Anyway, it gave Dext a new area to sniff around in.

In our new site, I got Day 2 of this month posted and began work on Day 3.  I know it hasn't seemed like it but I really have been trying to get these done.

Dext is still doing okay on the Purina ProPlan - not vomiting and though his stools are soft they're no longer liquid.  But twice he ate something while we were out walking so there may be more trouble ahead.  I do wish he'd stop being such a dog.

For some reason, my back injury is almost worse today than it has been.  The ribs on the left side, both front and back, are extremely sore (which made laundry a lot of fun), and I'm still having trouble coughing.  In fact, today I'm having a lot of trouble doing almost anything.  I sure hope this is a sign that things are about to get better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment