Saturday, April 8, 2023

Georgia - Day 16 - in Milledgeville campground

Little River Park Campground, Milledgeville
Saturday, 8 April 2023

I did some damage to a front tooth at breakfast, when I managed to bite down hard on a fork tine.  It was a lack of coordination because I wasn't trying to bite food - I was just closing my mouth and the fork was still in it.  Now I have a front tooth that looks jiggedy-jaggedy like a Halloween pumpkin.  At least it still seems whole otherwise.  But it was that kind of day.

It rained most of the day - poured for much of that time.  Also chilly and windy.  Maybe these are March winds and April showers combined, but it wasn't very pleasant for dog walking.

This is a privately owned campground and has clearly been here for a very long time.  It sits right on the river and includes a marina/boat launch, so a lot of the folks stay here to use their boats (I saw them).  Because of being in a popular spot, the campground is quite large.  It sits on a bit of a hill, so Dext and I could get a little cardio activity on our walks.

The campground's wifi was a bit hit or miss, but I managed to get driving directions for the next week or so, and I checked the weather forecasts at the various places we'll be going.  I'd planned to do more, but that was about all I could get done.

Despite the yucky conditions, it was pleasant here, in a quiet sort of way.


No comments:

Post a Comment