Thursday, September 29, 2022

Minnesota - Day 29 - in the campground

Minneapolis Southwest KOA, Jordan
Thursday, 29 September 2022

Once I got here, I was glad I'd decided to stay just 1 day/2 nights.  There's nothing actually wrong with this campground, it just seemed a little weird.  Plus, I wasn't nearly as close to the office as I'd thought I would be.  According to their campground map, I'd just have to cross a grassy area and I'd be able to access the showers and laundry.  In reality, that "grassy area" turned out to be a heavily wooded slope that I'd have to walk around, rather than across, and I wasn't at all interested in schlepping my laundry all that way.  I decided instead to stop at a laundromat somewhere along the way back to the state campground and take my shower once I got back there.

Here I cooked a crock pot chicken, cleaned all the windows (instead of just the front and back) and did a few chores like that.

While I was cleaning the windows, a woman who was staying in an RV near mine came over to ask about traveling with a cat.  She'd seen Lily in the window and traveled with a cat of her own, and her first question was where did I put the litter box.  They put theirs in the shower stall too.  But she told me they dry camp and only fill their water tank once a year or so.  I didn't have the nerve to ask why they'd made that choice - it seems really inconvenient to me - having but not using running water.

The woman told me that the section of the campground I was in was known this time of year as "Renie Row" because most or all of the people who stay along there work at the Renaissance Festival.  I looked it up and learned they hold this fair each weekend for 7 weeks from the middle of August until the end of September.  Good thing I planned to leave before more folks showed up tomorrow for this shindig.  She said they practically take over the campground for the weekends.

This was a big campground with lots of trees and lots of places for Dext and me to walk, but I just never felt comfortable here for some reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment