Friday, May 27, 2022

Oregon - Days 26 & 27 - in the Albany campground

Albany/Corvallis KOA, Albany
Thursday, 26 and Friday, 27 May 2022

The wifi signal from both the campground and my hot spot were super slow at times, so getting anything done online was excruciating at times.  Despite this hurdle, I managed to get caught up in the blog to Day 19 - 6 posts worth.  

And I went online to renew the state vehicle inspection for the RV, and this time they did ask me to swear I wasn't in the state but would get the RV inspected as soon as I got back to the state (they didn't ask me that when I renewed it online 2 years ago). 

I did laundry and various chores like that.  But those chores were hampered by rain, which was steady at times, though I was lucky it held off until I got inside with my clean laundry.

On Friday the temperature in the frig got down into the 20s.  I didn't notice until I tried to slice off some chicken for a sandwich and found it was slightly frozen.  And once again I'm sorry I replaced my old frig, which worked just fine almost always, with this new one that is so erratic.  But it's done, and now I'm just trying to figure out how to live with it.

This campground was large enough for the dogs and me to find a small variety of ways to walk around it so we weren't constantly going over the same ground.  I ask them to put up with a lot and hate to make them bored any more than they already are.  They're both smart dogs (though sometimes I doubt that) and should have more opportunities to use their brains than they get.

When we got here on Wednesday, there weren't all that many folks here.  But as we got closer to the holiday weekend, I watched it fill up more and more.  The manager was more than 8 months pregnant (she told me she's due on Father's Day) and has been working hard with her staff to try to get everything ready for the deluge of campers this weekend.  They have every campsite reserved and are frantically trying to get the grass cut and repairs done before everyone gets here.  And they're having to sandwich those activities in between bouts of rain.  Glad it's not my job.


No comments:

Post a Comment