Thursday, May 5, 2022

Oregon - Day 5 - in the campground

Medford/Gold Hill KOA, Central Point
Thursday, 5 May 2022

We spent the day in the campground, which turned out to be a pretty decent place.  They had 2 good-sized dog parks, though one of them was hard to access and out of the way.  The other was two side by side, with each side being bigger than many such parks I've seen.

This is one of those places that says "pets are welcome" but expects them to be teleported from their campsite to the dog park.  The signs here say, "Please exercise your pet only in designated areas," but since dogs think walking to and from the dog park is exercise, they don't know the difference.  This sort of requirement is one I'm starting to catalog under the don't-worry-about-it heading.  I do my best, my dogs can't read, I'm not dragging them away when they start to relieve themselves in the wrong place, and I always pick up after them.

On the plus side, the campground is just big enough that we're able to find a variety of places to walk so we didn't get bored while we were here.

Also on the plus side, this campground has a nice strong wifi signal, which I didn't expect since it's out in a rural area.  It was good enough that I could actually get the first 3 posts of the month written, which put me almost current (what a concept).

I had more time to write because we got a fair amount of rain during our stay.  That made the ground soggy - and made the dog parks not attractive to any of us - but that seemed to be the luck of the draw. 

The weather forecast showed this kind of weather for the whole Pacific Northwest, and the weather service was saying to expect November-type temperatures instead of normal for May.  That weather pattern started today and was expected to continue at least through the weekend.  I would have preferred May, I guess, but I also expected western Oregon (on the west side of the Cascade Mountains) to be wet and cool - even in May, so I'm not crushed about this.


No comments:

Post a Comment