Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Texas - Days 143 - 147 - in the campground

Mt. Pleasant KOA, Mt. Pleasant
Friday, 26 through Tuesday, 30 March 2021

The only thing that've changed in this campground since I was here 2 weeks ago are that the trees are now leafed out, there are lots of wildflowers around, and the fence along one side of the campground is covered with wisteria - really pretty.

The dogs and I have some routes we've established for our multiple walks each day - I try to vary them so we don't all get too bored with being in the same place for so long.  And I have to vary them depending on which campers have dogs to complicate our routes.  This is the place with the enormous dog park, and another area that's an open field, and though I don't trust the dogs to let them off-leash in the field, we can still walk all around and sniff whatever they find that's new.



These photos are of Lily reacting to a Mockingbird that spent quite a bit of time dancing around right in front of the screen door.  In the photo on the right she's making that ack-ack-ack sound that cats do when they're looking at birds.  It was pretty funny.


I worked diligently and got all caught up on the many posts for the many days of traveling I hadn't written about.  I also figured out a route to get me to Missouri and made reservations along the way.  

Despite my wariness over the virus and the various responses (or lack thereof) in other states, I'm still glad to be getting back on the road.  It was exactly one year ago this Thursday that I cut short my trip and came back to Texas, intending at the time to wait out the virus.  Little did I know . . .

But at least during this year I visited Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas and Texas, so it hasn't been a total loss.  Still, I miss the travel, and these last couple of weeks have made me realize how much I've been missing seeing new places and new things.  And I'm sure that somewhere along the way I'll finally be able to get vaccinated, which will help relieve some of my concern.  Still, I've managed to dodge the virus so far by being as careful as I can, so I have hopes I'll be able to make it through safely.

I've also been doing chores - laundry, groceries, prescription refills, like that.  I hadn't cleaned my windows since I left here before, so wiping off 3 weeks worth of dirt, dust and pollen took a while - but of course the view is worth it.

I figured I'd celebrate the end of my "month" in Texas and the beginning of the next chapter by honoring the 6-month anniversary of Halloween: ordering out for pizza and watching my favorite dumb movie, Soapdish.  And of course enjoying the scent of the wisteria.


No comments:

Post a Comment