Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Arkansas - Days 29 - 31

Harrison Village RV Park
Sunday, 29 and Monday, 30 and Tuesday, 31 March 2020

I spent these last 3 days of the month in the campground, trying to finish up the blog posts and do chores before starting a new state.  Things like laundry, shower, changing the sheets on my bed, shuffling around the notebooks I have for each state, figuring out where I'll be staying the first night or two in Missouri and how to get there - like that.

When I was working on plans for Missouri, I learned that they've closed all their state campgrounds.  Most cities have also closed their recycling facilities, which means I'm going to have to start storing stuff in the basement again.  That's such a nuisance, but the alternative (throwing stuff in the trash) is worse, to me.  At least at this point.  I may feel differently in a month or so.

Anna called me on Saturday to be sure I was all right.  She told me about the severe tornado that had hit Jonesboro the day before, which I hadn't heard of.  After she called, I looked online at the weather and news videos.  It went through right where I'd been just a few days ago.  I can't believe I was so lucky and am very glad to hear no one was seriously hurt, though what a shame about their property.

Sunday was sunny and warm, except for a fairly constant wind.

I succumbed - yesterday I saw a pizza being delivered to another camper.  I've seen that done before but always assumed it'd cost too much.  This time I went for it and got a small thin crust pepperoni.  It was really good, and I tipped the driver heavily in recognition of the hazards he's running.

And here I am, late Tuesday afternoon, very tired from having gotten so much done today.  The dogs are relentless, wanting to go for walks every time I enter or leave the RV.  I've taken them out 3 times already today, but I know they get bored senseless staying inside all the time.  I wish I could put them outside on long leashes like I used to, but Dexter's already broken 2 of them and I just don't have the energy to try again.  Maybe this summer I'll be able to find a leash he's less likely to break and we can go for it.  But in the meantime, they're stuck inside these 4 close walls unless I take them out.  A real shame.

I'm not sure I ever posted a photo of the Arkansas state license plate, so just in case I didn't, here it is.


There are specialty plates, of course, but this is what I see most on all vehicles.


No comments:

Post a Comment