Friday, March 20, 2020

Arkansas - Day 12

White Oak Lake State Park
Thursday, 12 March 2020

Only 8 sites in this campground have people in them (counting ours) and half have dogs.  Oh well.  At least we're all spread out.

I spent all day planning where to go for the next week, because I can't count on having wifi until I get to a private campground.  Actually, even some of those I can't count on.  For instance, I checked with the KOA in Eureka Springs and learned they have wifi only at their office, but not at the campsites.  No point in spending a lot of money staying there when I can get the same non-service for a lot less at a state park.

I've still got more than half the month left, but the map tells me I've missed more than half the state so far and I need to get moving.  Accordingly, I planned routes based mostly on where the state parks are that I can get a campsite for, considering it's a weekend coming up and they're usually the busiest.  Especially during this Spring Break month.  But by day's end I got reservations for the next 4 nights and wrote out driving directions for all of them.  It's amazing how much time that all takes.

This is a pleasant campground and it's a real shame the space I've been staying in, #2, is reserved for the weekend.  Otherwise, I'd stay longer and have time to work on my blog.  I'm so far behind it's starting to worry at me.  What's up with Arkansas and wifi signals, anyway?


No comments:

Post a Comment