Monday, May 22, 2023

South Carolina - Day 12 - in Poinsett

Poinsett State Park, Wedgefield
Monday, 22 May 2023

A pretty rural, though not uncomfortable, campground.  Pretty small so not many places for Dext and me to walk, but we did the best we could.

At one point I left for 40 minutes to take a shower, and when I got back all the cushions were off the bench seats and on Dext's bed, my book and fancy bookmark had been messed with, and the facet was off the window.

Blurred photo of that last:

That shiny stuff is me taping the brown facet
back onto the ruined frame.
To be fair, Lily's the one who destroyed that fabric frame.  But it was undoubtedly the kittens that did the other damage.  The name Marauders scarcely begins to describe their true nature.

You can sort of see out the window that spring hasn't fully arrived here in interior South Carolina.  But with so many evergreens, it wasn't exactly a bleak landscape either.

The state park said wifi was available, but I think that must have meant I could pick it up if I sat at the ranger station, because I couldn't even get a signal on my hotspot, let alone one for the state park. 

But it was a peaceful rest day, which I think we all needed.  Well, maybe the Marauders didn't, but us senior citizens did.


No comments:

Post a Comment