Monday, October 31, 2022

Nebraska - Days 30 & 31 - in the campground

Gretna/West Omaha KOA, Gretna
Sunday, 30 and Monday, 31 October 2022

I spent all day Sunday finishing and posting the blog entries I'd drafted, from the 15th through the 21st.  Monday I wrote and posted 2 more, so I'm able to finish the state only a week behind, much better than the last few states, though still not good.

Also on Monday I did the usual chores: changed the sheets, did laundry, cleaned the windows, planned my driving route to Iowa - like that.  None of it particularly onerous (though doing the laundry always seems to take a lot out of me - hauling it to the laundry facilities isn't like having a machine in your own house) but it all took time.

Monday was Halloween which I celebrated in my usual way: pizza and Soapdish.  Yes it's completely dumb, but it's totally entertaining.  I didn't realize until much later that I hadn't seen a single kid dressed up in costume.  And then I remembered that this same KOA was advertising an early Halloween celebration for the weekend after I was here before.  The whole campground was decked out in Halloween decorations, all of which were gone by the time I got back here.  Glad I missed it.  I enjoyed having the kids come by when I lived in a house, but I'm not comfortable with it when I'm in a camper.  Not sure what the difference is, but it feels different.

The first night here they'd put me in what seemed to be a nice spot, but it turned out to have a definite slope to it and I barely got any sleep.  I noticed that half the campsites were empty when I got up in the morning and asked to be moved to one of those.  But the manager said they'd cut off power to a whole row of sites and cut the water to a second row.  But I pointed out I didn't have the water attached at my current site and the non-water ones looked much more level, so she moved me.  Really nice of her, actually, and she gave me a partial refund because I wasn't getting full hookups any more.

It's only been 3 weeks since I was here last, so it seems odd how different things are - no Halloween, no crowded campground.  We couldn't even find anybody to come play with Dext in the dog park.  A couple of dogs passed by but their owners said they didn't like other dogs much, which was too bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment