Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Nebraska - Day 18 - in the campground

Fort Robinson State Park, Crawford
Tuesday, 18 October 2022

Here are some more cute kitty photos:

This is a little fuzzy and it may be hard to make out Jimmy right under Dexter's chin,
but I thought it was cute anyway.  The next photos are clearer.



Can you see Jimmy snuggled up to Dext?


























Bucky's getting really round in the middle - he eats like he hasn't seen food in a week and growls if anyone comes close while he's eating.  Which Jimmy does if he's not satisfied with what's in his bowl.  Both are gaining energy.

Bucky's getting stronger muscles: on the first day he clawed his way onto the little footstool Anna got for me.  Now he can almost jump onto it.

Jimmy still sleeps a lot, but he also still has a cold - that respiratory infection.  Yesterday he sneezed a bunch of times in a row and actually propelled himself backwards over the floor.  I only ever saw that in cartoons before and couldn't believe he'd done it.

I managed to get internet access today and found I'd completely messed up my campground reservations.  Last week when I was making the reservations for this week, I thought I'd made one for Thursday at a campground in Gering.  Later I misunderstood my notes, thought the campground in Gering was full, and made one for Thursday at another place in nearby Scottsbluff.  And as soon as I'd hit the confirm button I realized I had actually made the one in Gering and now had 2 on the same day.  So I real quick called the campground in Scottsbluff and explained the problem and asked if I could move the reservation to Friday instead of Thursday, which she nicely agreed to.

That was last week.  Today, I checked my email and discovered I'd goofed worse than I thought.  That reservation in Gering wasn't for Thursday, it was for today, Tuesday.  Which I'd already paid for here in Ft. Robinson.  So in a panic I called Gering and asked if I could move today's reservation to tomorrow, the 19th, which they agreed to.  And since I no longer had a place for Thursday the 20th, I called the Scottsbluff place back and asked if they could give me a place on Thursday as well as the Friday they already had me booked for.  Everybody was very accommodating and it all got worked out, but what a mess.

I really think having these kittens has pushed my little pea-brain into overload and I just can't juggle things like I used to be able to do.

And the flies just keep coming.  I can't seem to get rid of them, though I'm killing several within an hour at a time as they come into the cabin.  It felt like they were going to drive me over the edge until, thankfully, they left at dusk.

I know this will all work out, the kitties will grow and no longer need special medical care, Lily will stop being hostile and will get used them, I'll finally catch up on my blog (I only just finished Minnesota's posts today) and life will settle down again.  I absolutely believe that.  But right now, that's not what's happening and things are a little whacko around here.  As my friend Deb liked to say, I feel like my head's about to be pinched off.

On the brighter side, I managed to make reservations until November 5th, and I was very careful about the dates and locations so I'm sure I got it right.

Also, Dext and I took a nice long walk today around the fort buildings and found this interesting historical marker about the Buffalo Soldiers who were stationed here.



No comments:

Post a Comment