Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Montana - Days 2 & 3 - in the Missoula campground

Missoula KOA, Missoula
Tuesday, 2 and Wednesday, 3 August 2022

This campground is extremely well-maintained and comfortable.  They have dispensers of doggie poop bags all over the campground, and they keep them fully stocked.  What's more, they have disposal bins nearby, again all over the campground.  As a result, there's almost no dog poop anywhere in the campground and almost no litter either.

The roads are paved and the campsites are gravel, lots of grass between the sites and most are shaded by big trees.  There are 2 good-sized dog pens that are heavily used.  Dexter tried to make friends and find somebody to play with him, but for some reason nobody wanted to, which was a shame.  Now that he's back to wanting to play again, I'd like to encourage that but can't do much about it on my own.

There are flower planters scattered around the campground, and there's one large planter of petunias in the middle of one of the doggie parks.  Once while I was waiting for Dext to sniff around, I saw a hummingbird fly in, check out the petunias for a bit, and then fly on.  Pretty neat.

There's also a family of rabbits here - I saw 4 at once and they were staying together, which is why I thought they were one family.  Dext always got excited by them, though he's not quite as insistent on chasing them as he used to be.

I spent some time figuring out where I wanted to go next, finding places to stay in those places, then getting driving directions to get there.  Then I spent more time editing the photos I'd taken recently.  Both those things always seem to take longer than I expect.

This place was so comfortable that I was tempted to stay the whole month here.  But I decided that Montana likely had more to offer than this, so I only extended my stay one day longer than I'd originally planned.



No comments:

Post a Comment