Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Washington - Day 28 - in Moses Lake campground

Grant County Fairgrounds RV Park, Moses Lake
Tuesday, 28 June 2022

When I drove in yesterday afternoon, I saw a sign on the entrance gate saying something about the 4-H judging livestock, so I was forewarned to expect livestock.  Which, actually, I never saw - assuming livestock means cows and sheep and so forth.  I wasn't counting horses as livestock because people so often ride horses to tend to their livestock.  When I asked at the office about it, the women said yeah, they'd seen the sign too, and they thought someone was going to teach 4-H kids how to judge livestock.

I didn't see the kids any more than I saw the livestock, but I did see a few horses that first night, and beginning Tuesday afternoon I saw them come pouring in, so obviously something was going to happen and it looked like I'd be missing it.  Just as well.  I'm still not sure how far I can trust Dext around horses.

I got the Day 15 post done and did some personal chores and planned my driving routes for the next few days, not wanting to trust that I'd have a decent wifi signal after I left here.

It was sunny and peaceful and pleasantly warm, all of which I needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment