Friday, March 11, 2022

California - Day 11 - in Lost Hills campground

Lost Hill KOA, Lost Hills
Friday, 11 March 2022

This was an oddball kind of place.  I'm guessing the laundry facilities at this campground were used by people who lived in town and didn't own their own washing machines.  And I thought that because both yesterday and today I had people parking in the empty space next to me and hauling a bunch of laundry over to the facilities, then waiting in their cars/pickups, loading the laundry back in and driving off, never to be seen here again (while I was here).  That happened so often that I finally decided the KOA owners were performing a civic duty for the townspeople.  Not something I remember seeing at other campgrounds.

I was surprised at the number of campers staying here, because this isn't located particularly near any big city or big attraction.  It's just a place for folks to stop on their way to and from, which is what I was doing.  Although I'm sure some of the campers were here for oil field work.

Besides walking the dogs quite a few times, I planned my driving/sightseeing routes for the next few days - something that always takes more time than I think it should.

At least we had nice warm weather, though the wind was blowing which tended to negate the air temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment