Friday, February 18, 2022

Arizona - back to Tucson for the night

Tucson Gastroenterology, Tucson
Friday, 18 February 2022

today's route
And back to Tucson I went for my endoscopy appointment.

There weren't many events of note.  For some reason, Dexter had very loose stools and threw up all his breakfast.  Probably something (unauthorized) that he ate.  Fortunately for my sanity, this time he didn't make any of his mess where I couldn't clean it up.  Unlike when we were stuck with inches of snow in Bernalillo.

I saw a license plate that said: SAWAURO.

I stopped by a grocery store, so I wouldn't have to do it tomorrow when I was trying to leave town.  And I found a city park not far from the doctor's office where I could walk the dogs and we could have lunch.  That's where I finally got around to checking my voice mail and found that the doctor's office had called to say they'd had a cancellation and could I come in early.  My appointment was originally for 2:40 - probably the last one of the day - so we were all glad I could come right on over.

Of course, once I got there I found the person ahead of me ended up not having a normal procedure but was instead having some medical problems.  I certainly didn't begrudge them the extra attention from the medical staff, because I'd've wanted that for myself if I'd needed it.

I got knocked out, but I know they did the endoscopy because they gave me photos of the inside of my esophagus (not one of the more attractive areas of the body).  They said they took a few samples for biopsy, and the results will be back in a few weeks, but as far as they could see everything looked the way they'd expected it to.  Certainly a reassuring note.

I took the dogs out for a short walk in the neighborhood afterwards.  Less than a block from the doctor's office was an intersection where I saw 2 car accidents within 5 minutes of each other.  And these were before 4 PM.  Two of the cars (one from each collision) had to be towed.  I know because they both limped into the doctor's parking lot so I could see it happen.  Luckily, the damage seemed to be only property - no personal injury.

That street - Swan Road - must be a major artery in Tucson.  I could easily hear fairly heavy traffic until about 2:00 or 3:00 AM (I didn't get a lot of sleep there).  Plus lots of sirens from emergency vehicles.  I found when I took the dogs around the next day that there are quite a few private residences along that street - I'd thought at first it was just businesses.  I'm guessing those homes have soundproofing or something to deal with all that noise.  Otherwise, it was a good place for us.  Paved sidewalks on both sides of the street for quite a distance in either direction, so we could walk early in the morning.

So the short version is that getting this done was a nuisance, but it was one that had to be done and it went much more easily than I'd expected.  It helped a lot that I'd already gone through this in Toledo so I knew what to ask for.


No comments:

Post a Comment