Saturday, September 19, 2020

Colorado - Day 13 - in the campground

Crawford State Park, Crawford                                                                Sunday, 13 September 2020

Lily discovered the joys of kitty TV, meaning a flock of Mountain Bluebirds came to visit the roof over the picnic table just outside the rear of the RV.  


note the Bluebirds at the upper right











Unfortunately, my rear window was still coated with the grime of all that mountain driving, so the bird photo is a mess.  But you can still see the blue on that one bird.

It held Lily fascinated for ages, even after the birds had moved on.

After I'd cleaned the windows I tried again for the Bluebird photo, this time with better results.

pretty isn't he?

I couldn't get a phone signal, an internet signal or a TV signal here.  Instead I spent my time editing the photos I'd taken (which always takes much more time than it seems like it should) and walking the dogs and running through editions from early July of the Dallas Morning News that I'd subscribed to in Richardson but never gotten a chance to take a look at because of having so much to do before I left there so suddenly.  Now I have a few Sunday New York Times crossword puzzles to do and newspapers for the recycle bin, when I find one again.

It was hot and the campground was nearly full with plenty of big dogs, so I had to work at finding walks where we could get some exercise while dodging the competition.  We saw several rabbits and a few deer.  Actually, the dogs didn't see the deer, luckily, but I did.  The state park literature says there are Mule Deer here, but I didn't get a good enough look to see whether that's what they were or just Whitetail Deer.

All in all, it was a relaxing time.


No comments:

Post a Comment