Thursday, December 2, 2021

Arizona - Day 2 - in the campground

Benson KOA, Benson
Thursday, 2 December 2021

I still have black stuff floating around in my left eye, so I made an appointment at an eye clinic in Flagstaff for next week.  And while I was about it, I made appointments at a Flagstaff vet for all 3 of the critters to get their annual shots.  I figured I'd ask the vet about Gracie's balance problem while we were there.  Today, she fell over onto her side, in addition to falling back onto her rear legs.  There's nothing that seems to trigger these episodes - she's just standing there or sitting there and suddenly she falls over.  Then she looks confused and gets back up again.

Once I'd gotten those appointments, I made reservations at campgrounds between here and Flagstaff, and worked with Google on driving directions to all these places.  And finally, I planned a visit to Tombstone tomorrow.  I would rather not do extra driving, given my eyesight problem, but it didn't seem right to come to Arizona and not at least take a look at famous Tombstone.

I'd also wanted to visit the Bisbee turquoise mine, which is a few more miles beyond Tombstone, but some online searching told me it's closed.  I could visit gift stores in town if I wanted to buy turquoise, but that didn't appeal to me.  Long ago, my husband and I came through there (so he could look at birds), and I bought a small turquoise ring there.  I was hoping to do something similar this time, but I don't know enough about turquoise to be sure what I'm buying is the real thing.  I know sometimes people will radiate turquoise to make it look more blue, and I didn't want to take that chance.

Vermillion Flycatcher
Gorgeous, isn't he?  I saw one of them here in the campground.  I'd taken the dogs to the dog park and was waiting while they checked the place out, and suddenly saw this bright red bird in a tree.  I thought I was imagining it, but the bird stuck around plenty long enough for me to get a good look at him.  Just beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment