Thursday, April 29, 2021

Missouri - Day 24 - in the campground

Kansas City East KOA, Oak Grove
Saturday, 24 April 2021

I spent the day figuring out a driving route to my next campground, trying to figure out plans for when I go to Iowa in a week, and publishing a couple of posts.  Throwing in several dog walks, it was a pretty full day. 

I got lucky during the day partly because the next door neighbors took their yellow lab and left for the day, and partly because for part of the day it was raining enough that they didn't want to sit outside.  So we mostly got our walks in relative peace.

This campground is oddly laid out, with a few sites being accessible from a road that funnels into another site, lots of unpaved roads (noticeable after rain), and a small dog park.  They've got a section that's labeled on their campground map as being for tenters, but the whole section is torn up and it looks like they're building sites for small RVs or something similar.  We walked over there, but the dogs decided they weren't interested because nobody takes their dogs over there so mine couldn't find any interesting smells.

I was too tired to drive back into Kansas City, though if I'd gone early this morning it might have been okay as far as traffic and parking go.  But I'd just spent 6 nights in a row each in a different campground, and I needed to stay in one spot for a while.  So we did.


No comments:

Post a Comment