Sunday, February 25, 2018

Alvarado/Sunday

Sunday, 25 February 2018
Alvarado, TX

Here at the "#1 Volume Sales Dealer in the World," they believe in an extensive use of light to deter criminality.  Their entire property is so well lit that I could almost read by the amount of light that came into my RV during the night.  Even if I had more light-reducing coverings on the windows, I still have 4 skylights that would be pretty tough to cover.  

I now know why I've been sleeping so well this last week: state park campgrounds aren't heavily lighted.  In fact, they're pretty dark.  Apparently this matters to me when I'm sleeping.  Oh well, it's free here.  And not permanent.

So today, more lessons.  I ran into a little problem when I went to dump the blackwater tank as instructed: my dumping hose broke, spilling sewage all over the ground, and me, incidentally.  I fought my way upstream and shut off the flow - but what a mess!  I decided to just throw away my jeans and tennies and socks, rather than try to hold and then transport them to a laundromat.  And I've never had much luck washing tennis shoes anyway.  And I didn't want reminders of the trauma of dealing with so much sewage. 

It's not that I'd generated that much but instead all that ice and water Art had dumped in to clean it out.  The ice melted.  There was a LOT of liquid.  Ghastly.

And after I'd cleaned up me and the mess on the ground, I still had to dump what was left in the tank but didn't have a hose to do it, mine having been done for.  So I went to one of the other RVs here in the "campground" and knocked on the door and told the nice man, "It's a long story but I need to ask to borrow your sewage line."  He said, "What?"  But he was very nice, especially considering I'd woken him up from a nap, he said, and he got dressed and came and disconnected his hose, and after a bit came over to check on me.  And gave me more advice based on his experience, which was very helpful and kind of him.

Everybody I've met at the various campgrounds has been kind and helpful and encouraging.

Anyway, I finally got my tanks dumped.  And now the sensors read properly, which is what Art had been hoping for.  Yea!  I'm staying the extra night anyway because I have some more questions to ask Art or whoever shows up tomorrow to follow up.

And in the meantime, I actually did get a tremendous amount of sorting done.  Tossed a whole bunch of stuff.  And noticed someone else has been doing the same.  The dumpster here was nearly empty yesterday and is now 2/3 full.  And it was definitely not all me.  I'm not done yet but I'm close, which is good.

So I'll wait until I can see a service person tomorrow and then head on over to the Dallas area to see my brother and sister-in-law.  Now I have to buy new tennies.  But I got those at Sears anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment