Tuesday, December 25, 2018

New Jersey - Day 25 - Christmas

Clarksboro KOA
Tuesday, 25 December 2018

Merry Christmas!

My first Christmas on the road, but it was a good one.

I'm pleased to report that my new pan worked very well.  Despite the metal inside the silicone, nothing blew up in the microwave and the coffee cake turned out just fine.  Better yet, because of the silicone, it slid right out of the pan.  It was great.

My wonderful brother and sister-in-law sent me some great presents.
That folding shovel will be great when the weather gets better and Gracie starts digging holes to lie in to get cool.  They've been hard for me to fill back in just with my foot or a stick.  This shovel will make it easy.

And Anna managed to find a Nancy Drew book that I'd never read before.  It was so peaceful being able to sit and read a 1942 version of the world of Nancy Drew.  I loved it.

Anna picks great presents for me.
I hung that blanket in the back window weeks ago to block out the lights from the bathrooms blazing in at night.  I pin it up with clothespins during the day, so I can see out of the window when I drive and so Lily can lie in the sun there.  It's been working well.  But that blanket was originally a Christmas gift from Anna soon after I bought my house in Olympia.  I opened the box on Christmas morning and pulled out that UT blanket and started laughing.  Such a great gift.  And a nice blanket, too.

So I'll be rereading Nancy Drew when I need to feel at peace with the world.

I bought a beef roast and it's in the slow cooker now.  I rarely have beef any more - it's really expensive up in this part of the country and I just haven't been able to justify buying it when chicken and pork are so much more affordable.  But I figured Christmas was for something special. 

We've had sunshine all day so it's not so bad that it was cold enough this morning to freeze shallow puddles.  The dogs and I have had some nice walks.  And they and Lily will be pleased when I give them some decent quality canned food for supper.  They're still playing with the toys they've got so I didn't feel the need to get anything else, but the food will tell them this is a special day.

As Christmas should be.

I hope it's been a special day for everyone else, filled with love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment